Below we have compiled a collection of Frequently Asked Questions our clients and potential clients have along with answers to those questions. If you find the answer to something you are wondering isn’t on this page, please drop us a line, and we will be sure to both answer your question and likely add it to the FAQ.
- How do I place an order?
- We do not have an automated order process or shopping cart, as we place great importance on customer satisfaction and believe that one-on-one consultation provides a far better experience and end result than selecting from a set of pre-formed product options.
In order to hire Element-80 for your project, please send us a request through our contact page. The more information you can provide in describing your project, the more easily we can respond to your request. We will always respond to requests received via e-mail or our contact page within 24 hours. You can also reach us by phone to discuss a project--our phone number and availability is at the bottom of every page.
If you would like to meet in person to discuss your project, bear in mind that we are currently based on Long Island in New York. We are willing to travel within 15 miles of our location to meet and discuss a project, but if you are farther than that from our office, we prefer to teleconference via Skype or communicate via e-mail. Should a face-to-face meeting prove necessary to complete a project, we will discuss travel arrangements as needed.
- How long will it be before my project is delivered?
- Every project is different--both in the amount of work it entails and how it will fit into our schedule of current and ongoing projects. When we take on a project, we will set a guaranteed delivery date. Currently we have a flawless track record with on-time project delivery, so you can rest assured that if we have set a date for you to expect completion, we will go out of our way to ensure it happens.
Some examples of project delivery timeframes for you to consider: we often guarantee full sets of banner ads within 24-48 hours, and basic WordPress templates can be completed in less than one week. If you already have a deadline for your project when you contact us, please let us know, and we will do everything we can to accommodate that due date.
- What can I expect when hiring Element-80 for a project?
- Firstly, we like to have a clear outline of what your project will entail. Exactly the features you are looking for and (especially) examples of work you've seen and liked for reference. Once a firm, detailed description of the work you need done is agreed upon, we can set a price for the project. If you have a specific budget in mind, please let us know, as we are happy to negotiate a project scope that will fit within any budget.
If your project involves design work, we will always send watermarked copies to you for review before finalizing any design. Our ultimate goal is your full satisfaction with any work we do, so if anything is not to your liking at this stage, please do not hesitate to let us know. Once a project moves on to coding development, it is much more difficult to make changes to the design--a fact that will add both time and cost to your project.
Once coding and development has been completed, we will deliver the result for your final review. This can be done via a live demo on our own server, upload to and setup on a dev server of your own, installation on your live server, or simply a .zip file with all of the necessary images, pages, and other files sent to you via e-mail.
In both the design stage and development stage before our work has been given final approval, small changes will always be done free of charge. For example, increasing the font size and text color in a banner ad will is included in the original cost. However, any such changes after final approval has been given are considered outside of the original project scope and will be subject to additional charges. For example, if you decide you'd like your banner to have larger text of a different color after watermark-free copies have already been delivered, this is considered a new order and will be billed as such.
If you have additional questions about our work process, feel free to contact us at any time.
Rates and Payment
- Do you charge by the hour or work with set total costs?
- We will work with either method of calculating a project cost, whichever you prefer. While they essentially offer little difference in the actual quoted price of a project, as we calculate a set quote based on our hourly rate multiplied by the number of hours we expect to work on a project, if you prefer to be invoiced by the hour or to have a set budget in mind from the start, we are happy to accommodate your requests.
One thing to keep in mind, regardless of whether we take on a project as billable hours or a set quote, any deviations from the initially agreed-upon project scope will be subject to additional charges. Just as you would expect to be paid for overtime when an increased workload necessitates you stay late in the office, as do we!
- How much do you charge?
- We know that "it depends" is an incredibly frustrating and common response to this question, but it's absolutely true. The total cost of a project is entirely dependent on a great many factors, so it can range anywhere from less than $10 (i.e. adding a line of styled text to a photograph) to into the thousands (i.e. a total Web site overhaul for a content-heavy, established, high-traffic site).
To be as specific as possible without knowing anything about the project you have in mind, the process we generally use to calculate a project's cost is to multiply our hourly rate by the total number of hours we anticipate the project needs to reach completion. Obviously, if you hire us based on an hourly rate, then that will be the exact quote. Otherwise we will provide various estimates during the early stages of discussion until a final quote is reached and accepted.
- What currency do you use?
- All of our quotes are given in U.S. Dollars (USD), and that is the currency in which we accept payment. If you require the ability to make payment in a different currency, please be aware that we may charge an additional fee to cover our costs for currency exchange. If you will not be paying in USD, you must inform us before project development commences.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- We currently accept payment primarily through PayPal. This allows our clients to pay by any means (i.e. credit card, debit card, PayPal balance, bank transfer, etc.) with the security of PayPal's guarantees on transactions. If you prefer not to use PayPal, we will also accept other forms of payment on a case-by-case basis. Possible options include but are not guaranteed: direct bank transfer, business checks, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
Please be aware that certain methods of payment may result in additional fees to cover our costs of receiving such payments. If you anticipate needing to make payment via a method other than PayPal, you must inform us before project development commences.
Discounts and Promotions
- Do you offer discounts?
- As a general rule, all clients are eligible for discounts. If you can guarantee a certain level of workflow over an extended period of time (i.e. one project with a budget of at least $300 every month for the next six months), we will happily offer a discount on our service.
We like to offer discounts that will be the most useful to our clients, so what is specifically offered will vary from client-to-client. Some examples of discounts we would offer in return for guaranteed workflow would be: 1) a flat-rate percentage off of total project costs (i.e. 10% off all rates); 2) a frequently used service at a virtually permanently-low rate (i.e. all animated banners for only $15 each for the duration of the workflow guarantee); or 3) a certain amount of free work each month (i.e. 3 free hours of billable time per month).
- Do you run promotions or sales? Do you offer coupons?
- Occasionally we will run specials on specific services. We will always advertise any generally-available discounts on our Web site, and we will advertise source-specific specials on their respective Web sites (i.e. discounted WordPress templates for all members of a specific Web forum).
If you would like to keep informed of our current specials and promotions, please subscribe to our newsletter. We periodically e-mail subscribers about upcoming and current specials, along with news and other useful information about our services and site.